Today’s Distribution Network Operator(DNO) faces increasing challenges
- High percentage of network assets approaching end of life
- Stricter network availability targets
- Increase in severe weather events
- Increasing amounts of renewable and distributed generation
Addressing these challenges requires intelligence on the state of the distribution network and assets.
- Safely extending asset lifetimes based on accurate asset condition assessment
- Reducing outage times through timely and accurate fault location
- Visibility of network faults and disturbances
sub.net provides DNOs with valuable real-time intelligence and operates as a fault locator and asset condition monitor.
- Fault location information is sent directly to the DNO control room enabling a significant reduction in the time fault restoration teams spend locating faults
Asset Condition Monitor
- sub.net monitors switchgear operations and identifies ‘slow’ or ‘sticky’ circuit breakers so that preventative maintenance can be undertaken and customer interruptions avoided