Transmission Operators have always faced challenges
- Criticality of safety and reliability
- Generation/consumption imbalances
- Grid instability and failure
The modern Transmission Operator has additional challenges
- Increasing amounts of renewable generation
- Reduction in system inertia
- More volatile and complex generation and flow mix
- Higher harmonics and deterioration in power quality
- Increased interconnections
As a result real-time visibility of the transmission network is more critical than ever.
sub.net is a multi-function substation monitor capable of capturing everything from high speed transients to longer term system stability events which are analysed and reported on immediately.
sub.net also operates as a Phasor Measurement Unit (PMU) in Wide Area Monitoring Systems (WAMS).